PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silverjet
Thread: Silverjet
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2007, 13:53
737chick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Real Silverjet !!

Hi All,

Many of you have been interested in this new and exciting airline we call Silverjet. i have read many comments on here mainly positive (thanks to BestonBoard) about the airline which is good as overall Silverjet are a great airline with a great product and its a shame that a few things let the whole operation down from a cabin crew perspective.

I have been with the company for a couple of months now and I must say that the crew (most of) are fab and even the passengers are great to talk to. i really expected something different here....maybe my expectations were way too high. We all know about the 'over promise and under deliver' phrase and Silverjet have certainly lived up to that!!!!

Firstly our onboard management teams ie the IFM's and the service co-ordinators.....with the exception of a few, DON'T HAVE A CLUE. How is it that an IFM who I found out actually lied to get his position is actually still allowed to operate even after the management team found out about it ?? Sep knowledge is ridiculous ...please forgive me if I am wrong but is it not the fact that we should all be confident with our proceedures especially the IFM's ??? Afterall we are all trained to the same standard so there is no excuse why the IFM's should be unsure with their proceedures . Inconsistency is the magic word at Silverjet. Everytime I fly, the SEP proceedures change and for a small airline with an estasblised sep department (Flyjet) why is this so hard to achieve. We have great Sep trainers but is seems that most people (IFM's) want to feel important so they make up a new procedures each flight!!!

There was an Ifm I flew with last month who had to refer to notes every time a briefing question was answered...not just for guidance but for the actually answers. The hesitation displayed by this person in question was utterly embarassing. Are these our onboard leaders ??? What if there was a situation onboard where I had to turn to my leaders for help?? Adding to this there are a few S/C's who do not qualify for their position ie either have not flown before or have only flown for six months I hear . Now from a service point of view anyone could be in those positions but surely from an SEP point of view there must be rules and regulations about this ???? Please enlighten me if I have misunderstood things.

It seems the company recruit and put people in positions based on who they know and as a little hint , it always helps if you have worked for one of the middle eastern carriers (mentioning no names but come to Silverjet and its obvious) Ok, surely Silverjet cannot have interviewed thousands in the UK and still be so desperate for crew that they now have to go to Dubai for Staff.....what is that all about. Middle Eastern airlines have a good service reputation but good cabin is definately down to the invidual and not your airline background surely????? In my opinion, UK crews work very hard and there are some very good crew out there that are getting rejected. Ok, we all interview badly sometimes, however, the ratio of successful candidates is pretty low in comparison

ok, lets say Silverjet are looking for 'Special ' and 'Unique' individuals to achieve thier goals ....then whay is it that the company is slowly moulding itself to the old skool ways of back stabbing ??? I have experienced lots of bitching, gossiping and hard politics. I heard about people on my training course , however, when I had met these people there is more often than not a different picture. It's not what you know it's definately who you know in this airline!!!!

I have had not pay slips (although I have only had one or two salaries but that is not the point,) no bonus scheme in place as advertised, uniform a mess and not practical (grooming trainer hasn't go a clue)no specific crew food, never enough water...oh and I got told off for taking a small bottle of water off as I was so dehydrated!!! What do I do when security at luton will not allow anymore than 100ml liquids onto the aircraft.....am I to sacrifice my health for these petty rules and regulations ?? Silverjet is meant to be fresh, bright and intelleligent. On the contrary, the crew are being treated very 2nd class .NEW AIRLINE, OLD WAYS!!

Now I really do hope this gets read by the right (or should I say wrong) people and if you have considered joining then by all means form your own opinion. My opinion is you can paint an aircraft to look good and do all the glamourous press shots ,however , the key to a real sucessful airline is looking after their staff and maintaining your company values in every aspect.