PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brown treats the Services shabbily
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2007, 21:51
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Until things get better, we only have each other
I wish you were right Wokka. Over here, it seems there are far too many who have gone to the dark side already and, having seen it before at previous Joint units I have served on, there is no going back.

Now every question, every plan to do something that 10-15 years ago would have been regarded as sensible and in the best interests of the front line, any suggestion that might make life a little bit better for all concerned is greeted with an automatic response of 'No, we're not going to help because of x,y & z sh!t excuse', an initial half hearted appearance of helping out in the hope that if things are made TFD we will go away and in either case, always accompanied with the all important question 'who is paying?'

Far far too many people have lost sight about what the armed forces are all about - and it isn't budgets. Maybe I should say that a bit louder for all those of you out there who have forgotten that, whose first response to anything is 'it's not coming out of my budget'. I'd love to get you all in a room and re-educate you, but it would be a waste of time -too many of you are lost causes whose military ethos has been replaced with accountant speak. Shame on you.

Wokka, I applaude your sentiment, but I'm afraid you're too late. We're being nobbled from the inside out by too many of our own kind.