PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia University Aviation Course
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2007, 17:07
millonario

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am currently studying the Bachelor of Aviation course at Griffith Univeristy and I must say it is the best choice I have made so far. Not only do I get to fly and get my commercial license, multi-engine instrument rating and all the ATPL subjects, but I also get to learn about all the secrets within the aviation industry. Most of out teachers are ex-captains or first officers, instructors, and other professionals within the aviation industry. Getting a degree in Aviation will help you in every way because you will be way ahead of a fellow pilot with the same amount of hours and at the same time you will have all sorts of contacts within the airlines. So in other words, having a univeristy degree in aviation and being a commercial pilot will make things much easier if your dream is to become an airline pilot. However, it is obviously also possible doing it the old way by just going to a flight school, but why not get a degree aside? Never bothers and at the same time it opens many more doors within the industry.