PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2007, 17:01
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beazlebub, I have to hand it to you, a rather impressive effort at showing yourself to be a contrite colleague friendly member of the team.
I can't help thinking comments such as
If you accepted a contract with inferior terms & conditions as many have done in numerous long established airlines, I understand the reasons. However if you thought you would accept them and reality would then change for you a couple of years down the road, well what can I say !
shows the actual reality of your thoughts.
BTW the way the rhetorical diatribes you allude too are mere statements of fact, they are in a sense cause and effect, after all, if all was peachy at the shop, why are the troops upset?

15 or 20 years ago, people were even then leaving the company to go to Virgin, B.A, Cathay Pacific and others, so in that respect nothing has changed. In many of those same companies the terms & conditions of employment have changed over the years and their appeal may be restricted to a certain age or seniority group as a result.
OOOOps, did you forget to answer the question? or was it just easier to waffle on a bit about nothing specific?
As I said, put yourself in my shoes for a moment.

On this point....
Perhaps that is why I keep the argument clinical and focused, because what ever the future will hold for this company, I like many others here will still be a part of it !
Very easy to say for a man in your position, as you have quite clearly stated previously, you are doing quite nicely.

It does rather smack of hypocrisy to tell somebody who has spent over 2 decades contributing to the companies success, and who will continue to do so, that their view lacks any conviction or ambition, whilst you are preaching from your pedestal made of another airlines operating manuals !
I can't disagree, which is why I haven't done it. I have taken issue with the appearance of your singular lack of empathy for those people who wish to improve their presently poor T&C's though legitimate means. I have taken issue with your condescending attitude, and your self righteous indignation at being scrutinized when it comes to the present situation.
I cannot question your loyalty to MON, if as you say you have given 20 years of service, I can however question your motives because it is rather clear to me that you have little room in your professional heart for anyone other than yourself.
As for preaching from another companies Ops manuals, well I guess I'll consign that remark to the appropriate filing cabinet. Nice