PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2007, 16:14
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MM,
I rather feel you are simply arguing for its own sake. A lot of what you say is completely contradictory and makes no sense. In so doing it only dilutes the merit of whatever your point happens to be. For example :
Thus far you have taken a view that IMHO lacks any passion, conviction, or indeed ambition, you appear yet again happy to maneuver yourself in such a way that takes nothing away from your own position, and yet paradoxically concede that you would be happy to see an improvement in the "newer" contracts..I would ask which is it?
I don't think anybody ( whether they agree or not ) really views a lack of passion, conviction or ambition in my viewpoint since I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to put it across factually and without wild emotional swings. Why would I want to take anything away from my own position ? After all isn't it that very same position that you are now championing and seeking ? Why is it a paradox that I would be pleased to see better terms & conditions for people on the new contracts ? Such an achievement would be a good thing and would not adversely affect me at all. It does rather smack of hypocrisy to tell somebody who has spent over 2 decades contributing to the companies success, and who will continue to do so, that their view lacks any conviction or ambition, whilst you are preaching from your pedestal made of another airlines operating manuals !

Perhaps that is why I keep the argument clinical and focused, because what ever the future will hold for this company, I like many others here will still be a part of it !

15 or 20 years ago, people were even then leaving the company to go to Virgin, B.A, Cathay Pacific and others, so in that respect nothing has changed. In many of those same companies the terms & conditions of employment have changed over the years and their appeal may be restricted to a certain age or seniority group as a result. That group clearly includes you, and as I said good luck to you.

Whilst I am happy to answer any questions that are relevant, I cannot address these rhetorical diatribes that you keep falling back into, concerning "backroom discussions", "lack of candour" and "the accountability of previous CC's", as it has nothing to do with me and needs to be addressed to the parties concerned.

Bon voyage.