PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2007, 14:40
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well Bealzebub, it would appear that you and I take a diametrically opposed viewpoint when it comes to summing an issue up.

First and foremost, we ARE NOT negotiating here, we are however exploring the relative merits of each others arguments.
Thus far you have taken a view that IMHO lacks any passion, conviction, or indeed ambition, you appear yet again happy to maneuver yourself in such a way that takes nothing away from your own position, and yet paradoxically concede that you would be happy to see an improvement in the "newer" contracts..I would ask which is it?
Your approach BTW also says an awful lot more about yourself and your personal history than needs to be discussed here.
As regards to the impression I give, that is entirely up to you, I can however assure you that my motivation is based on the history of backroom discussions, lack of candor, and a general lack of accountability from previous CC's
So Bealzebub I guess if the cap fits, we can both wear it, please however don't accuse me of making my arguments selective. I have only ever highlighted the points YOU have raised, and my interpretation of such points is focused squarely on the issues that affect us all.
Predictably B, my points won't sit well with your more clinical view of things, but then again so what? I am confident that my views are far more representative than yours are ever likely to be....but then again you knew that already.
As for my new employer, take 15-20 years off yourself Beazlebub, substitute said younger version of ones self into todays world and ask the question, what would you do?
When all is said and done this discussion boils down to a rather simple question, are MON T & C's competitive in todays job market?
Bealzebub, Q Top, and Mr Portside would appear to think so A quick glance at the membership website would suggest otherwise, along with a chat with virtually all line pilots (old and new contracts) you would care to mention.

Last edited by Monarch Man; 1st May 2007 at 15:08. Reason: The phone rang