PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stepping up from PPL...
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2007, 13:51
tegwin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stepping up from PPL...

Been reading the forum for ages but dont think I have ever posted before

I have looked through the forum and its a minefield of information thats confusing!

Can someone help me out...

Basically im 19, just completed PPL(H) and am trying to decide/figure out what to do next. I quite fancy ending up doing air ambulance or filming type work anywhere in the world eventually but im really struggling to work out the best way to get from where I am now, to where I want to go...

I could take out a mahusive loan and pay for CPL myself, but would have to complete that in an R-22....But once thats done, there wont be much chance of getting anymore money to do IFR, turbine etc to actually make myself employable...

Even if I could get my CPL, IFR etc I still wouldnt have enough turbine time to be employable by the local playschool let alone at a respectable job....

I have looked at going into one of the services...they pay me and pay for me to everything so lots of turbine time, and some pretty amazing experience flying in werid places...but im not that comfortable with commiting myself to the forces for some reason ..

Are there any options open to me that I havnt mentioned above?....What is the most sensible way of getting a varied and wide range of experience whilst training?...

Any advice anyone has would really be appreciated.