PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2007, 13:50
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monarch Man you stated that :
Bealzebub, it is interesting you make the observation

The problem is that saying " I was desperate for a job", " I didn't fully appreciate the terms", "other people are getting more than I am", etc.etc. Is very interesting and I do have some degree of sympathy ( as I said previously, we saw this coming ), but it simply doesn't change the facts.

seems to show you are resigned to living with the current state of affairs, or that those amongst the current crop of MON pilots who are on inferior contracts of employment should somehow just accept their fate.
When what I actually said was :
The problem is that saying " I was desperate for a job", " I didn't fully appreciate the terms", "other people are getting more than I am", etc.etc. Is very interesting and I do have some degree of sympathy ( as I said previously, we saw this coming ), but it simply doesn't change the facts. It doesn't matter how angrily you respond to my comments or how much you jump up and down moaning about anything, everything and everyone. The answer to your problem (if there is one) may very well be embedded in the very thing you are railing against. If that is the case you would need to be very focused and I am not seeing a great deal of that in some of these replies.
Interesting the bits you selectively choose to ignore ? The problem with simply raging against everyone and everything is that it completely weakens the core of the arguement. It makes you look unfocused and irrational. If I were required to negotiate with somebody who displayed these traits, the meeting would be terminated until such time as they cooled down and focused themselves on the points. Does any of this sound vaguely familiar to you ?

In fact ( condescension, arrogance and aloofness aside ) , I wrote :
It is not impossible to vary contracts or in some cases to have them judged invalid. New contracts can be substituted for old ones. It doesn't really matter what the contract is, employment, sale & purchase, marriage. There may be different rules and protocols but most are written to protect the seller. It is always wise to know what you are entering into, and fully understand the terms you are agreeing to. The problem is that later it may be very difficult to renegotiate, break or vary a contract that was written for the sellers benefit.
and :
I would be delighted to see you get better remuneration and improved terms & conditions. I would be just as pleased to see the new terms and conditions substituted with the old ones. I would like to see the old pension plans reopened to everybody.
Something Monarch Man interprets as :
You also appear to contend that as a matter of contractual practice, employment contracts are non negotiable entities, or at the very least, protected beyond the realms of collective bargaining.
Unfortunetaly you give the impression of being an individual so fired up with your own sense of outrage and indignation whilst wrapping yourself up in the cloak of mob agreement, that you simply refuse to see, and certainly to understand what is being said.

I hope you have a great time at Virgin (you frequently allude to going to a new company with a charismatic owner ?) and wish you well for the future. However many of us will still be working here and seeking to make both the company a success and our own futures a success. There is nothing funda mentally wrong with "looking after number one". Then again nobody really needs to tell you that, do they Monarch Man ?