PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - biz jet type rating
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2007, 08:41
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LR driver II :
where we still have a chance to save ourselves from folks like you.
Too late, I´m afraid. Loads of people buying their way in. Has been so, will be so.
Only companies that realize that a settled, stable and satisfied workforce is the key to LONGTERM success pay for the rating. Unfortunately, given the growth in our business, the major part of the lot let at least the F/Os pay.
My last outfit was such bunch, (12 out of 14 pilots sacked or voted with their feet within a year!) let them pay, let them work their butts off, abuse em every way and then shrug the shoulders when they leave after half a year to a year in the company. One of the clients summed it up pretty well, when the F/O introduced himself: "Oh, do I have to remember your name or will you be gone soon as all the others?"
High staff turnover, as often met within SSTR organizations, is seldom a good sign - yet they get away with it! And lets face it: its way easier to "manage" with fear, pressure and dishonesty, than creating a good environment, which would make people stay.
My solution is easy: If I get a resume on the desk, saying "willing to pay for rating", it would head straight to the bin. Period. Been there, done that.