PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2007, 05:37
BANANASBANANAS

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts
Mainline Paxing

These, and other issues, will need dealing with as we supposedly become an independent airline. Can you blame mainline for upgrading their own EY pax ahead of paxing third party airline (for that is what we will be) crew?

What is needed is some seriously hard nosed negotiations between some senior cargo management with no affiliation to mainline (I can think of only one person here) and mainline management to establish that paxing cargo crew are upgraded ahead of regular mainline pax.

A certain amount of intestinal fortitude and testiculation will be required to achieve this and it is not fair to expect one person to deliver this on his own. The sooner we are managed entirely by guys on SIA Cargo contracts the better. Until then, my contract says upgradeable if space available and that is what I make sure I get.

Of course, once we are an independent airline it becomes easier as we will pax mainline as ticketed business class pax on all sectors over 3 hours.....won't we? Or maybe EK or BA or another carrier can provide a better option