PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2007, 00:30
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Irony isn't lost on you is it !

If you go back and read it again perhaps you will see what I meant within the context of the whole paragraph. If you still have trouble PM me and I will explain.

You've made it clear, in this thread and others, that you hold all of your colleagues that had to join under the new contact in utter distain, who deserve everything that they (don't) get in terms of remuneration
Well since I do not, and I think the word you are looking for is "disdain", you are distorting reality to suit your own indignation. I would be delighted to see you get better remuneration and improved terms & conditions. I would be just as pleased to see the new terms and conditions substituted with the old ones. I would like to see the old pension plans reopened to everybody. I was commenting on this "brave new world" and how it came about. How once the old contractees (such as myself) have been pensioned off, then the transformation will be complete. Most other people who responded may have disagreed in part or whole, but I think they understood the gist.

It is not impossible to vary contracts or in some cases to have them judged invalid. New contracts can be substituted for old ones. It doesn't really matter what the contract is, employment, sale & purchase, marriage. There may be different rules and protocols but most are written to protect the seller. It is always wise to know what you are entering into, and fully understand the terms you are agreeing to. The problem is that later it may be very difficult to renegotiate, break or vary a contract that was written for the sellers benefit.

The problem is that saying " I was desperate for a job", " I didn't fully appreciate the terms", "other people are getting more than I am", etc.etc. Is very interesting and I do have some degree of sympathy ( as I said previously, we saw this coming ), but it simply doesn't change the facts. It doesn't matter how angrily you respond to my comments or how much you jump up and down moaning about anything, everything and everyone. The answer to your problem (if there is one) may very well be embedded in the very thing you are railing against. If that is the case you would need to be very focused and I am not seeing a great deal of that in some of these replies.