PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type rating on B200 ? where to go ?
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2007, 10:18
CaptainProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you looking for the first job-
I made a few comments here before about this and it is even more valid now. If you are going to spend money on a TR, spend it on something USEFULL! Dont spend it on a Beechcraft of some other small and useless type! In general I think you shouldnīt pay for a TR at all, but thats my personal oppinion and I know that sometimes itīs a lot of money invested already and all that....so can understand you guys who are getting a bit "desperative"...

Hereīs what I think - Why spend 150 000 (as stated above) on a B200 TR, UNLESS itīs gonna give you a job, 100%, at the local airport where you wanna stay because of personal reasons...How much will a B200 operstor pay a new FO? 1000 euro? Nothing? The loan, if unsecure will be at maybe 6-9%, unless you have someone to put the steal on the table..Thats about, initially, 300 euro/month. This will give you 700 euro to live on.... Where will it lead you, having logged 1000 hrs on it? To a commuter, getting a job on a Q3/400, ATR? With another 15-20 000 to spend on a TR, or a 3-5 year bond....? While working for the commuter, you will start of on about 2500 euro (?) in scandinavia...It will go up a bit as the years go on....

As the market looks right now out in Europe you can get a 737/airbus rating starting at 20 000 euro (737) up to, not too sure about the airbus but...lets say 25-30 000 euro....That will land you a job with for example Air Berlin (provided you get the landings in before you apply, they are very low on trainers so canīt cope employing you without the landings)....They are DESPERATE for pilots... Itīs a crap company if you look at career "indicators", but what do you care? You just wanna get 500+ hr on type and get your application in with thomson, jet2, FlyGlobespan, ezy, Monarch, or maybe sterling if you wanna stay in scandiland, dont care about money, having a life or sitting in the right seat for 6+ (?) years.... With the brittish companies you can expect to take home Ģ2-3500 a month depending on which company it is, Air Berlin will only pay enough to pay your loans, a cheap room in Germany and a couple of beer for yourself and the skipper but once again, who cares, itīs a temporary pain you have to endure to get to where you wanna be.... In most of these companies you will be a CP within 4-6 years (at the moment!!!!) and you will be on MINIMUM Ģ60 000 basic+flight pay+some sort of bonus/profit share (mine has paid me a year worth of pay in a scandinavian commuter )+pension....
AND, you will be at a safe distance from the scandi tax man!!!

You go figure.....

Good luck!

/CP