PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 22:45
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That there are pilots with double digit seniority who feel differently to me is not in contention. I do not recall suggesting there wasn't ? That others worked hard for a competitive environment including staff travel is again undisputed. However again the point is being ignored in order to dovetail into other aspects.
And rightly so! this is all part of the bigger picture is it not? or are you happy to compartmentalize those who don't fit your "different period in history" casting them aside in your own self interest?

What you term the "allright jack" concept is not much different from the people who now own mansions because they entered the property market 30 years ago
Really? I thought we were talking about MON T&C's, not property speculation.

I understand the reasons. However if you thought you would accept them and reality would then change for you a couple of years down the road, well what can I say !
The reality as you put it, is that the market has moved on, and MON has been able through poor BALPA representation, along with some not too subtle zero cost options, has been able to mitigate against any substantial and competitive T&C improvements, moreover the new joiner package has been watered down by the split level of remuneration, and the attitudes of individuals such as yourself Bealzebub.
The reality is Bealzebub that you are in a minority, you know it, and I know it.

So there is me with my views and the majority with theirs ?
I accept my views might be a minority within a specific group, or even within the interested population generally but that doesn't change the factual points, the history or the counterpoint. Are this majority not also made up of individuals with their own views ideas and opinions ? I suspect they are.
You said it