PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Journo Bashfest
Thread: Journo Bashfest
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 21:53
boristhemini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gents, why all the scorn? It may well be common knowledge and second nature to us, but to mere human beings it is worthy of report.

As a mere human being/SLF, I find these stories as ridiculous/tedious non events as yourselves. Yes the crew did their job admirably and to the letter of their training and I admire each and every one of you (those that I have met!!!) but..."Plane lands on 1 engine" whoopee! (I remember an F27 doing airshow manouveres for years on one engine(not continuously obviously!!!))If it was an AN225 THEN it'd be newsworthy! It's like a headline in my line of work reading.......
"An Office worker was today made to make an emergency forced visit to the stationary cupboard. The drama unfolded when Mr Arthur Pewty was made aware by his stationary engineer that their 2 page letter printed in triplicate required 3 staples when there were only 2 in the staplers chamber. The emergency approach to the cupboard was made more hazardous by the office worker having to violently swerve past a National Childrens Home (collection box) and avoiding a container holding as much as 3 gallons of drinking water. An eyewitness said he heard a loud bang and saw a ball of flame and smoke before the stapler made a safe landing in a confidential waste bucket. Continuous coverage available on SkyNews and Fox.

These papers/news networks need something to fill their pages/airtime with things other than Dianas death /Iraq/ jordans tits etc, so anything will do. Just look at the coverage given to the recent "earthquake" in Kent where 2 chimneys tragically plummeted to their demise. 6 HOURS CONTINUOUS COVERAGE ON SKY!!! I think the Chinese one that cost tens of thousands of lives had about 20 minutes on the evening news.