PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 21:47
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Then again, why should you "be all right Jack?", there are plenty of guys with double digit seniority that feel differently to you and have seen their own personal situation deteriorate in real terms. It is also true to say that the guys before even you Bealzebub worked hard to make sure the place was a competitive environment, but is that not worth injecting that into the debate..which BTW includes staff travel concessions.
Because I joined at a different period in history, when you couldn't join with such low general levels of experience. Not just here but anywhere. That was the case for nearly all pilots. At the time the larger airlines were able to satisfy their recruitment from the airforce and from the general market experience ladder (a few rungs higher up). If I were seeking the same employment today it would be a different story. What you term the "allright jack" concept is not much different from the people who now own mansions because they entered the property market 30 years ago. If you accepted a contract with inferior terms & conditions as many have done in numerous long established airlines, I understand the reasons. However if you thought you would accept them and reality would then change for you a couple of years down the road, well what can I say !

That there are pilots with double digit seniority who feel differently to me is not in contention. I do not recall suggesting there wasn't ? That others worked hard for a competitive environment including staff travel is again undisputed. However again the point is being ignored in order to dovetail into other aspects.

In any case, you have your view, the majority have theirs.
So there is me with my views and the majority with theirs ?
I accept my views might be a minority within a specific group, or even within the interested population generally but that doesn't change the factual points, the history or the counterpoint. Are this majority not also made up of individuals with their own views ideas and opinions ? I suspect they are.

Sorry, that still sounds like pure management speak to me.
Honestly ZeBedie it isn't and I am not, but if it helps believe what you like.

Then again, comments such as

Quote:
So there is more for the masses to howl and protest at, but it is my honest opinion, and that is what you asked for

Bely the sentiment behind your opinion, fair enough I guess, its also probably the reason I am off to pastures new.
If my comments have caused you to leave the company since 8 pm this evening then I am truly shocked and would be happy to delete them if it makes you reconsider such a drastic course of action ?