PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Gulf Air being taken for another ride ?
Old 29th Apr 2007, 19:30
boiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say what want Icarus, it was never a network problem in the first place, rather, how finances and cost allocations are done, idiots at various departments who are getting very high salaries and are good for nothing, not to mention all the other people robbing GF blind. As I said in the beginning, it is so easy to blame network for everything. Time will tell I was right. Also remember that GF was always under pressure from the BAH and MCT governments to operate flights whether they like it or not to certain destinations (regardless of profitability). All hell would break loose if one tried to switch a flight from MCT to BAH for example even though it is very obvious that having most flights from BAH is more logical and better to begin with. AD now has a carte-blanche as BAH is now planning to take over 80% and later 100%, and this is something the network people never had. As far as I know, GF hired numerous consultants for advice on network and not one was able to find anything wrong with the way it was scheduled (given the constraints that they were under). As I also mentioned before, unless u have ample experience in networking and its finances and intimate knowledge of passenger traffic flows, you will be easily be misled when looking at simple the p/l of separate flight legs, and your post has proven that.

Last edited by boiler; 29th Apr 2007 at 19:52.