PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Gulf Air being taken for another ride ?
Old 29th Apr 2007, 17:38
Icarus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BoilerMaker - shame your friends in Network never read Charles Dickens.

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

Let's now put that another way..
" Annual network contribution 9M cost of operation 8M, result happiness. Annual network contribution 9M cost of operation 10M, result misery!"

i.e. Gulf Air as it is today!" Losing US$1M a day! Thank heaven AD et-al addressed the network first. Perhaps you might be kind enough to ask your buddies in Network to start looking for a job elsewhere - GF needs people with at least a modicum of business/common sense if they are to survive!

My math?

Assuming as posted..
AD US$1.2M BN US$0.6M Consultants US$12M per annum = US13.8M
And as..
GF loses US$1M per day or US$365M per annum. 3% is almost US$11M

Therefore, if AD et al were to reduce losses a little over 3% - granted nothing gets better - but net cash flow stays the same; i.e. they pay their way.

Which is clearly more than your friends in Network are doing!

As for SABRE APM - you can have all the tools in the world, but if you don't know how to get the best out of them you may as well not have them. GF never have used that particular application very well at all, assuming it actually can do what it is marketed as being able to do - something that particular company are good at (marketing) but are not very good at delivering what is marketed.