PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 15:37
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealzebub - what in Gods name are you smoking??
If the average annual allowances (£2000 ?) are indicitive of an average working week of only 16 hours, then the answer would have to be that I am obviously smoking the tyres ! Please tell me which fleet offers this 16 hour working week because I really do want to know ?

"12 flights a month averaging £28 split equally between Canaries and Spain." So that's 50% 8 hours and 50% 5 to be pessimistic. Average 6.5 hours X 12 X 12 equals 936 hours. Oops
I think you have seriously misunderstood. The £28 was the average. How many 5 hour duties do you do a month ? Positioning between LGW & MAN and airlining back takes longer than that ! If your average daily duty period is 6.5 hours and the shortest realistic Spanish schedule is 8 hours for duty pay purposes, where are you going to ? Remember you get paid for the pre flight duty period, the turnaround and 30 minutes post flight period. Not to mention any pre flight or post flight positioning. If the duty period takes you 1 minute into the next hour you get another full hours allowance. If you still maintain that your annual allowances only amount to £2000 then I am wondering why you are being worked so lightly ? 16 total duty hours a week is below a part timers hours and would be surpassed if your total working week (47 weeks a year) only ever amounted to a LGW return Alicante and a LGW return Malaga a week ! but then as you say.."Oops!"

Bealzebub, you are "them upstairs", clearly.
No I am not ! Is there a correlation between anyone who questions what they perceive to be total nonsense and their assumed position in the company hierarchy ? If there is, then it suggests a certain naivety, but perhaps serves to illustrate the status quo ?