PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - biz jet type rating
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 14:00
Roja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

Hello

Ok ! so the good times are here are they ? well instead of bangin on about all the shouldnt pay for TR malarky, please tell us who will hire and pay for the TR for a guy with at 42 and 290hrs ?
In many cases the airlines still want you to stump up a good wad of cash to pay for most if not all of your own TR

Granted that going out and getting yourself a TR on a 737 or the like's and having no job at the end of it is absolute madness, as your not trained to an airlines particular SOP's.

I do agree that we are at a good time in aviation, with a relatively large amount of jobs available for Fo's, but there are far more wannabes than there are jobs right now, so the wannabes with the "quality" hours get the jobs.

Mildly amused : where in Germany did your friend get his C525 rating for 8K, was it done in the aircraft or a sim ?

dfs : I would think that if you got yourself a C525 rating and worked as an FO, you could expect 25k per year, depending on the company you work for the hrs could be between 200-600, as I already mentioned the Bravo rating would probably be better for you, no sure what salary to expect on one of them but i dont think it would be much more than already stated.

Roja