PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Canadian Carrier Would You Wanna Fly For?
Old 29th Apr 2007, 09:36
Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wee, I do live in the sandpit and love it, Spend lots of time boating, swimming and enjoying the sunny wx year round. My wife works and we make about $140,000/year combined - with no tax. I make good money and have the additional pleasure of sitting in the RS of a 340 flying to great destinations.

We pay part of the schooling and our son goes to one of the top 8 international schools in the world - the education is outstanding and puts our system at home to shame. It is a 7 minute walk to his school. We have a hockey league, albeit very small and he has been learning how to skate (though it is not Canada).

Between boating, swimming, sons hockey, soccer etc, socializing and the bank account I have no desire to work back in Canada. I would consider it if the after tax wages were the same but they are not. In fact, at this point there would have to be extra cash to bring me back because the lifestyle here is one I really enjoy.

It is simple. It works for some and not for others.