PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jaguar Farewell
Thread: Jaguar Farewell
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 09:32
ranger703

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacko,

Not wanting to remove the highlight from what is still and always has been a very fine aircraft,but I find the comments made here :

"The Jaguar has been largely responsible for training Army FACs over the last 18 months, there are insufficient Harriers available and Tornado is ill-suited to this particular task. Whenever the Army need CAS training, the Jaguar is the platform of choice. I understand that the Army has already started to feel the impact of the Jaguar’s sudden withdrawal – since the Jaguar Force has had to pull out of Exercise Neptune Warrior which would have provided operationally vital training for soon-to-deploy FACs who have not yet undertaken any live control of fast jets."

....to be absolute rot! The Tornado is a very capable CAS platform and with its latest additions is very well suited to the task.Jag pulling out of NW has had no impact whatsoever on "soon-to-deploy FACs"!! Some of your other statements are also a bit off the mark,especially in reference to capabilities,but I'm not going to go there.

Regards..