PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low flying question
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 09:21
xrdbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Dream Land
The aircraft made multiple passes at very low level as if unsure where it was supposed to land. The final approach was *very* low and close to the house. He had to lift to get over the next set of power lines. All our distibution is on poles here. How low does a small helicopter have to be to blow things over on the ground as it did to things close to the house?
Thanks for your advice. I had already left a message with the CAA but anything else will have to wait until they are at work on Monday.
The helicopter hasn't left yet and I would have a word with the pilot but it appears I'm not welcome on the hotel's grounds. If he flies over the house on leaving I'll get some proper photographic evidence.
Please understand I don't have it in for pilots or anything, normally I would be very pleased to have such great pictures of the machine and up here on the scottish islands, pilots and their helicopters provide an invaluable and greatly appreciated service. Occasionally though, people get things wrong.
I just want to make sure it doesn't happen the same way again.
Brian