PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jaguar Farewell
Thread: Jaguar Farewell
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2007, 20:00
Wee Jock McPlop

Yep, this decision makes lots of sense. Spend sqillions of pounds upgrading an already capable platform and then sh..can it shortly after to save not an awful lot. Yet another blinding decision from the powers that be. Ranks along side the old one of spending tens of millions modernising/upgrading an airfield (Chivenor readily springs to mind) and then promptly closing it. Do these idiots never learn - clearly not. If you invest heavily in something, you should get a return from that investment. The politicians, civil servants and the air ranks involved in this decision should hang their heads in shame. The timescales involved in that decision are, quite frankly, breathtakingly quick and brutal. Makes me glad i've left, if thats the way they work.

Had the pleasure of working with the Jags during the early to mid-nineties. A more professional, dedicated and talented bunch you could not find. Best wishes to JS, the aircrew and groundcrew. Hope you enjoy the last days and see the Cat out of service in style - i'm sure you will. Rise above them.

Best wishes,

WJMcP