PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2007, 04:03
Highlander744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With respect to the last two posts and from my personal point of view - The Airline Pilots Association Singapore (ALPA-S) is comprised of a professional membership, that has no desire to publicly bad mouth the Company for which they work; historically ALPA-S has always avoided 'washing it's dirty laundry' in public. Instead, the membership body has always self lamented and consoled - there are various avenues to achieve this such as in house publications, dedicated on-line means and approved organised meetings.

Although the media may appear biased, in many of it's publications and reports, of the recent arbitration events - anyone with an ounce of common sense and a modicum of knowledge about commercial airline operations would be able to see the flaws and weak arguments delivered by the SIA Management representation at the Court.

PPRUNE is an excellent medium for exchange of views, ideas and information - however, it is not the ' be all and end all ' - just because comments about the recent arbitration events at SIA are not visible or aired on PRUNE, doesn't mean they don't exist; try trawling some other Forum sites and you will see what I mean.

I sincerely hope the dispute between SIA and ALPA-S ends with a mutually agreed compromise; should the Courts intervene with a decission - so be it. Let's wait and see how this one pans out - it's not the first and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last.