PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - biz jet type rating
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2007, 00:13
Roja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again

Hi

Right !

As I have already mentioned " paying for your own TR is a necessary evil these days "

Going back to the basic question asked, the guy is 42 with 290 hrs (not in an ops job and does not at his age have the time to), and if im not mistaken..................desperate to get paid to be a pilot, all of us want to get into this industry and do as well as we can, to most, its a life long ambition.
The fact of the matter is that there is more wannabes than there is jobs ! so the basic rule of economics apply's, when the US fleet has docked..................the price rises before the panties fall ! so the airlines at the moment hold the G-string, the day will come when the reverse is true ( me thinks ), then all this pay for your own type rating malarky will be a distant memory, but until then, for us that havent got 27 TR's or been in this game since 1979 and are'nt that well known or established with probably a good reputation(not that I know you), we will have to bite the bullet to get those much required hours before we can hop onto a modern airliner or fancy bizjet.

Stop givin the guy a hard time just because he asked a question which is perfectly valid during these times.

dfspilot....................where are you based ? have you done a survey of the bizjet operators in your area and what is the most popular aircraft ?, this of course would be invaluable in your assesment of which TR to pay for, speak to those operator's see if you can work something out, without jumping first !

Roja

Last edited by Roja; 28th Apr 2007 at 00:35.