PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - biz jet type rating
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2007, 20:31
unablereqnavperf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chlong
You have stated exactly what I was trying to say! Just because some To****s with more cash than ability have gone out and paid for a type rating don't follow on. After all would you jump into a fire just because youre mate has? This practice is degtrading the industry and driving down terms and conditions and as long as pilots do it there are some very poor employers that will take advantage of you when you have bought yourself a job, they usually turn out to be sharks and don't last 5 mins and then leave you broke!
At the moment the job market for pilots is boyant however getting that elusive first job remains difficult even when you by yourself a rating, the only gaurentee you get is that you will be a lot more out of pocket!
When your trying to get that first job you are far better of trying to get into a company doing a related job (ie. ops or crewing) that will give you the oportunity to meet and influence the decision makers in that company and get yourself into a right hand seat!
Rather spend your hard earned cash on getting around and trying to speak to people be persistant but try not to be a nuisance( a difficult balancing act) and eventually you will get a job worth having.
The industry is in danger of melt down at the moment and the type of companies that make you pay for your own rating will go down the swanie and you'll be left stranded.
I've been in this business since 1979 and have seen this all before.
As for the tone of your reply perhaps you would like to reconsider as peopel like me are in a position to employ people like you perhaps you would like to reconsider your responce!!
DFSpilot
PM if you like we can continue this discusion.