PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jaguar Farewell
Thread: Jaguar Farewell
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2007, 23:04
philhird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Last Prod....?

Dear All,
When i joined the RAF I always wanted to fly jaguar-stemming from an awesome back-seat trip in a T-bird when I was on UAS. Alas that wasn't to be and I find myself flying the venerable Vickers Fun Bus. Having flown her for a while, I still hadn't refuelled a Jaguar. How surprised and delighted I was when 4 Jags popped up today over Loch Ness asking for bootleg at the end of an extremely busy exercise sortie. We gave away 35ish tons of gas to 15 receivers, in 90 minutes, the last four of which being the Jags. What an honour, and on such a beautiful aviating day too, to serve the gentlemen of 6 Sqn on what was probably their last prodding trip.
We dragged them towards their LLEP and, as they formed up in tight echelon right, one of their number gave a poignant farewell and thank you speech over the radio. One by one they peeled away from the tanker, diving into low level. This must have looked fantastic from below, and my only regret is there wasn't time to organise a video camera.
Thanks guys for a great end to our sortie and I wish you well through the turmoil of the next few months.
PH