PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2007, 17:59
Orange Budgie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I have never had less than £4000 in any year I have worked for Monarch and in all of those years significantly more. ... Once you get on the long haul fleets these figures will double and may even treble"

Bealzebub - what in Gods name are you smoking??

As Splat rightly points out, Bealzebub has perhaps stumbled on the wonderful anomolies of working for Monarch... I'm an FO at Man on the 320 and haven't had a sniff voyage for over a year. Over the winter I was working on aveage 8-12 flights a month and the summer .. well I try not to think about it!

Sector pay would make my lot a much happier one.. but then perhaps a 757 captain would moan about the huge unfairness of that - and try to sue the Union - This is despite the fact that he has every opportunity to take home a minimum of £4000 of lovely voyage per annum...Perhaps I should complain at working considerably more hours and not having any opportunity to get any voyage... and my "effective" hourly rate being half of that of some lucky guys struggling on 400 hours a year.. But that would only make me bitter and twisted..

Instead I put my full force behind our CC who have come up with a well thought out and fair proposal which is trying to help alleviate some of those anomolies. It's not perfect - but it is a very big step in the right direction. However, our mangement have shown their true colours by not even having the good manners to enter into discussions..