PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Gulf Air being taken for another ride ?
Old 26th Apr 2007, 17:01
left_to_first_class

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Gulf Air being taken for another ride ?

The word amongst the Bahraini staff is that AD is going to line his and his mates pockets the same way as JH did.
Rumour has it that he's on BD40,000pm + housing + other allowances (I bet if JH is reading this he'll be fuming as he was on less !!!).
Also, leaked from Finance, is that within days of AD's arrival, out went the S-class Merc that JH had and in came a BD35,000 top of the range Range Rover imported from Qatar. Well I checked out the range rover story, and yes its parked in the PCE spot, along with the S-class.

Too add to this, his former consulting firm Roland Berger is doing a lot of work at GF and guess what, these consultants are getting paid a fortune - $1M a month.

COO (or EVPO), another mate of AD, is on BD20,000 pm + allowances, and this is before you include the like of Chris Walton (Chief Restructuring Officer) and the other hangar-ons.
I suppose the only good thing is that at least these hangar ons are better than JHs'.

So hundreds of jobs are going to be cut to make this company profitable but surely AD should lead by example ? Give back the range rover and drive a Japanese car like the rest of us.

Do I see another Swiss Airlines in the making ?