PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2007, 15:50
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Average allowances for a UK Malaga and back are about £24. For a UK canaries and back it is about £32. If you use a mean figure of £28 for an average day trip you would be averaging about 12 flights a month to achieve a figure of £4000. Of course this doesn't take into account all those dreadful taxi/coach journeys that accompany some of the duties but still add to the allowance total. Simulator details are paid at a voyage rate usually about £100 a time ( £200 a year), and of course night stops which vary significantly from fleet to fleet and attract a 20% higher rate.

I have never had less than £4000 in any year I have worked for Monarch and in all of those years significantly more. I am speaking from the viewpoint of a predominatly shorthaul 757 pilot. Once you get on the long haul fleets these figures will double and may even treble. My total allowances for 2007 have already exceeded the advertised figure and it is still only April. Obviously that is significantly higher than the average, or even my long term average, however a figure of £2000 pa or thereabouts is not really presenting an accurate picture.

A new pilot joining on the A320 or 757 at Manchester or Gatwick can expect a busy year. In the case of the 320 at Manchester a very busy year.