PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training Petition
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2007, 15:37
Polarhero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do agree with scroggs on the skills v's knowledge, thats why i think something like the HNC would be comparable, you can do an HNC on anything from accounting to video production and anything in between.
Both the HNC and the fAtpl has practical skills as well as academic knowledge requirements.

As for the atpls exams being about remembering questions, well that is not what i did. I like to think i did learn and try to understand for the simple reason of being best equipped for interviews. Anyway its just how my brain operates, i need to know how something works not just that it does.

Boogie,

Why is it a good thing to weed out people just because of the amount of money they have, if that was the case i would never have got past the ppl. I spent years not flying and working abroad to finance my training after getting the bug on a trial flight.

I know of several of my students that have the ability to go a long way in this business, can not afford to do anything more than a hour a month at best.
Financial screening of future pilots results in only the rich flying, or those with large bank loans.