PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM
Thread: MAM
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2007, 12:32
speedbirdhouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dedicated crew???

Yes, longhaul management [cough] are making noises about it.

The introduction of the 747 200s into our fleet in the 70s saw this as a reality.

QF trained up a dedicated crew initially for it's introduction but once the fleet numbers grew all were trained and eventually operated on it.

I personally expect the same to apply.

There are massive [management] egos riding on a smooth introduction of the A380 and they will want experienced and competant crew to operate it.

They also want to use it as a vehicle to drive down pay and conditions for those who operate it and overtime seems to be what they want.

At the moment Longhaul crew earn overtime after 12 hours and my sources suggest they want this abolished on this aircraft. A "reward" I suppose for being a guinea pig .

Friends have been asked if they would be prepared to operate on it.

The smart ones say that they will wait to see the terms and conditions........

What is going to be really funny are the people who will end up being the "chosen" ones. In typical QF fashion they will select "ideologically" suitable people. This personality type is often distatefully known as, the "brown noser".

This individual is weak [and cunning] and inhabits most busineses and we certainly have our share.

They piss in all the right pockets and make all the right noises but put them on an aircraft and inevitably all hell breaks loose.

They are great at "parroting" rules, regulations, proceedures, service flows, uniform standards and the like but they lack common sense, people management skills, operational knowledge, confidence or integrity.

Funny that so many of this type seem to have "excel badges" but that is another story........

I can hardly wait. Watching it all is going to be such great sport.