PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia University Aviation Course
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2007, 06:55
MBA747

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
sunny liverpool

Having looked at Griffith Uni, yes they do have an undergraduate degree in aviation, tells you when I last looked. They also have Griffith Aviation English and Griffith Aviation English Plus, which you may consider looking at, depending on your standard of English. What flying schools are they tied too? That’s a question you need to ask.

The Swinbourne course I believe is still better, the only downside being that the flying school that they are aligned with is the most expensive at Moorabbin. Having said that, I believe all their flying instructors are graduates and all their aircraft relatively new.

I would also suggest that you check with the Hong Kong authorities to see whether they would recognize the Australian license done at any one school. I know of at least one Asian civil aviation authority that will only recognize the Australian license if done at a particular flying school, in fact they basically apply UK conversion terms to obtain their license otherwise one needs to sit for their theory exams on returning home.

You need to do a bit of home work; by the way several flying schools will try and sell you a 200 hour course when in fact you can do a 150 hour integrated course, which would save you thousands. I know quite a few young pilots who did the 200 hour course and were not told about the integrated course.

Best of luck.