PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia University Aviation Course
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2007, 01:43
MBA747

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
sunny liverpool.

Sunny,

Look at the core subjects, their descriptions and the subjects that would best suit you later in life.

Griffith Uni:

Offers a Bachelor of Science with Aviation as an addition. The majors are the likes of Physics, Chemistry and Applied Mathematics which would certainly give you a greater depth of knowledge and allow you greater flexibility if aviation does not work out. However it would be a lot more demanding.

Uni of SA

Mainly Aviation oriented, however the two Physics units don’t cover Thermodynamics which I believe is a must for a better understanding of Gas Turbines, Internal Combustion Engines and Meteorology and instead they include topics like Quantum Physics and Atomic Physics in their Aviation Physics 2N unit. Also two units on Aircraft Microprocessors is a bit over the top. If you want to cover those sort of subjects better to do it at Griffith.

Swinbourne Uni:

Certainly not ranked amongst the best university in town, however I believe it runs the best undergraduate aviation course in the country. Read the description of each unit. I wouldn’t touch their Masters Aviation programme. Better to do the MBA’s offered at Melbourne University or Monash.