PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Nelson
Thread: Air Nelson
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2007, 12:09
NoseGear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since you insist Captain

Captain, please remind me where I said that anyone there had overseas airline experience? And what benefits do you see that would bring if they did? What if that experience was from such august operators as say Ryanair?
As for returning expats, there was a 777 emirates captain, a bizjet captain that I flew with, and another bloke, (cant remember his airline), not to mention a guy from El Al who had left NS and was coming back. This was in the last 6 or so years, so recent history doesn't support your argument. I can't speak for the other posters, but I really don't think there are many who would be completely serious, yet, about returning home for the lifestyle. Do YOU have any proof that the "50 hour rule" is used to support this? As I said, I don't believe it, but I would be very disappointed if it was.
And just so you know, I didn't go straight from Air Nelson to Cathay, so yes, I do have other jobs and experiences to compare.
remoak, if you say your not bitter then who am I to say otherwise, however, it does appear that you have a more than a little...lets say, passion, for the argument when it comes to NZ and aviation. I'm certain your 146 job lined your pockets, you could afford to fly a T/P again, nes pas?