PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Nelson
Thread: Air Nelson
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2007, 06:19
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The MCC course is what you make it. Many people see it as a box-ticking exercise, however airline training departments recognise the value and encourage prospective new hires to take full advantage of it. Our training department chopped about 10% of new hires, simply because they couldn't get to grips with multi-crew ops in the allotted time. Most of those guys would have got through if they had paid attention during their MCC.

CRM, well it all depends on the content of that training and the content of the refresher. Does Air Nelson do a full day per year, or is it a couple of hours tacked on to something else? And I'm pretty sure that CRM is not directly assessable during checks.

My initial CRM course was 4 days with a six-monthly refresher.

The rest of your experience, well fair enough, but it doesn't agree with what a lot of other Air Nelson pilots have told me. I knew a few of their trainers, as they were ten years ago, and they were pretty much all a-holes. Maybe they left.

50 hours recent NZ IF... well if you were right, they would just say "50 hours recent IF", where you did it would be irrelevant. The fact that it mmust be "NZ" IF time tells you what the real intent is.

Why not give them a try? Because I don't want to start at the bottom again. I've been a small T/P F/O, did my time, don't want to repeat the exercise and become poor in the process!