PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FI market in UK
Thread: FI market in UK
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2007, 14:54
Token Bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that you may be suffering from a quite common misconception that afflicts most of the younger generation these days in that having a piece of paper means that you can do the job
That's a bit harsh, don't you think? After all, the piece of paper does actually represent something, that is, that the person has done advanced training. We don't just pay 'X' amount of money and get presented with a piece of paper which says, 'you're a CPL, you're fab'. I think mikeo's point was more to do with the flight training side of the CPL, not the written exams.

When I was doing my FI course, there was another chap doing it who was a PPL and he seriously struggled with the course. I think getting PPLs teaching PPLs is akin to parents teaching their kids to drive! I come across a lot of PPLs when I do bi-annuals and to be honest, most of them would not stand a chance when it comes to teaching, even the more experienced ones!

Anyway, I don't think I'll bother reading this forum anymore because I'm finding it is filled with negativity. Coming on here and having to put up with ignorant people like bose-x insulting me and how I do my job is very disheartening when I take my job seriously, but am labelled a bad instructor simply because I am 'an hour-builder'.

So I think I'll leave all you narrow-minded people to talk wistfully about 'the good old days',

TB