PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2007, 20:12
TEN DOLLAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in agreement that you guys should all go on strike. The T&C's at Monarch are nothing short of pathetic now. However the company will never be like " the good old days", even if you get success with a strike. Monarch is essentially a low cost operator now and I for one don't think I could have taken another 30 years of that kind of flying! (Man 320 to Malaga ump teen times a day ). So I believe the best solution for many of you guys especially if you are relatively young, is to vote with your feet and leave. It's simple, there are better jobs to be had out there and these companies are recruiting. Why wait until this recruitment bubble ends?

I know a great number of pilots who are quite happy to winge and moan about their current company but are too bone idle to apply for another job. Quite simply too lazy to put a few weeks work in, to pass selection into one of the majors. I for one thought that 2 weeks effort to get an extra £1500/mth take home and 13-15 days off was well worth the effort. Obviously some people have a different view!

I have always spoken highly of Monarch and enjoyed my time there, but have not regretted leaving for one minute. Even though it cost me £10,500 to leave in bond fees!

Best of luck to all of you if it comes down to a strike. One more thing, those that are not in BALPA should join post haste. It's not on to let your colleagues do all the fighting when everyone will benefit from any improvement in T&C's that BALPA may secure.

Cheers TEN DOLLAR.