PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When am I P2 and when am I passenger?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2007, 06:42
Mike Cross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be interested to know how you log that.
You'll have to forgive me for saying that's something that you ought to know, or at least know how to find out, if you hold a license. Ignorance of the Law is, as ever, not an excuse. The times you are required to log are not the take-off and landing times.
Art 35 of the ANO
35 (1) Every member of the flight crew of an aircraft registered in the United Kingdom and every person who engages in flying for the purpose of qualifying for the grant or renewal of a licence under this Order shall keep a personal flying log book in which the following particulars shall be recorded:
(2) Particulars of each flight during which the holder of the log book acted either as a member of the flight crew of an aircraft or for the purpose of qualifying for the grant or renewal of a licence under this Order, as the case may be, shall be recorded in the log book at the end of each flight or as soon thereafter as is reasonably practicable, including:
(a) the date, the places at which the holder embarked on and disembarked from the aircraft and the time spent during the course of a flight when he was acting in either capacity;
Take-offs and landings only come ito it for the purpose of the 90 day rule and since there is no requirement to log them it's somewhat difficult to prove whether or not you complied. I normally put "x landings" in the remarks column if there's more than one and if I wanted to be pedantic I'd put "no landing" in remarks if someone else did the landing.

Mike