PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Financial aid for CPL(H)
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2007, 19:55
pitot212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it’s a real shame that ppruner’s are putting their own industry down and being so negative to potential pilots.

Having run a training school for the past 15 years, and still going strong I might add, I’ve always been under the impression that the instructor’s job was always a stepping-stone to further their career. I am proud to say that I have had some of the best pilots in the industry work out their time with me. They have gone on to be SAR, HEMS, Line and Police pilots. I agree that freelance pilots find it tough in the winter and don’t get paid holidays but it’s their choice and most of them have alternative jobs, so it suits them.

I was told once that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, it made me mad at the time because I was the one getting the peanuts, but on reflection I think it’s a fair comment. So to encourage wannabe pilots my newly qualified Flying Instructors (Restricted) salary is £25K, FI unrestricted £35K and Line/FI’s pilots £45k plus. I don’t think that’s too bad for a stepping-stone. Plus it’s a fantastic job, let’s not forget it, that’s why we are all here isn’t it?