PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 5
Thread: Ryanair - 5
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2007, 16:28
CamelhAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So how many new routes have BA announced so far
in 2007?
"British Airways is to start new routes from London Gatwick to Port of Spain in Trinidad and Tobago, Dresden in Germany and Sarajevo in Bosnia and Herzegovina from March 2007."
Plus several from London City.

Please, can we just move on from this pointless debate?
Ah, so safety is "pointless" now. Please explain why this is so?

If you dislike FR so much, move jobs, fly BA.
This old chestnut yet again. If I move, I merely postpone the day that ryr's low standards come to get me, as others are forced to adapt to compete. So now's the time to stay and fight for an improvement which will benefit all. Do you always run away yourself when the going gets a bit tough?

the naiive ignorant ones
Touche.

Agree to disagree?
What exactly do we disagree on? Do you disagree that ryr is less safe than other carriers? If so, do you disagree that safety breaches occur with monotonous regularity? Do you disagree that the IAA are unable to regulate with the robustness required? Or perhaps you simply disagree as you don't like what you're reading?
The only thing I'm agreeing is that your head is in the sand. If you want to continue to support a poorer safety culture and a poorer record than most other western carriers, that's your decision. However, don't try to imply that those who know and care are wrong.

Janus,
Ryr don't pay enough money, but I need what they do pay. Running away won't solve the problem as everyone else will be undercut in time. The attitude of ryr management produces both problems: excessive greed which precludes proper pay and promotes corner cutting.