PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cebu Pacific Employment
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2007, 12:25
Filam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How do I get employed by Cebu Pacific?

Hello Kapabayans,

I recently moved here with my family to Dumaguete. I was told that Cebu Pacific and PAL are hiring pilots. We are from the States and I have an FAA Commercial license Instrument rating with a total time of 1,600 with 200 hours of muli-engine (piston) 7 hours in a turbine.

My wife and I will be going to Manila to obtain my dual citizenship and will be going to the ATO to find out how to convert my license to a Filipino pilot's license. I am new to this country and I will like very much how to play the politics here.

I have a several questions regarding getting employment as a pilot for Cebu Pacific:

1. How much is the conversion for my license' with the ATO I heard from somone they paid $3,000 to do it. I also heard Ate Fe is the person to speak with regarding the conversion.

2. My time is not current. I have not flown for almost a year. Will they accept my time and will they get me current?

3. Is there a weight requirement? I am overweight.

4. Do I need to pay for training? I understand It is $1,750,000 pesos with a 5 year bond? Will they pay it provided you stick to the bond?

5. Am I better off going back to the States to support my wife and kids?

6. What the schedules like? Can I go home to Dumaguete every few days? Or I need to be based in Manila? Other operations at home allow a pilot to go home and others require to stay in Manila.

7. Is there a blog on how to pass the interview? How to pass the training?

8. How long is training and is is paid by the company?

9. How long is Captain upgrade?

10. What is 1st year pay as a SO?

Thank you for all your help and fly safe! This will be a great help to support my wife as she goes back to school for medicine. I deeply grateful.

Sincerely,

Filam