PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 5
Thread: Ryanair - 5
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2007, 19:39
maxalt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to most recent figures (AEA and FR websites) FR lost 0.4 bags per 1000 in 2006, whereas BA lost 23 bags per 1000.
Want the ACTUAL LINK please - this is YOUR argument, so YOU prove it!
No doubt, Maxalt, FR only has these statistics because it flies point to point and uses non-main airports, but if it gets passengers to the place they're going on time, with their bags, at a lower price, then FR are surely offering a BETTER service to the consumer.
You seem too thick to understand what I've said many times here. There is a market for cheapo low service carriers. But don't try to sell the low end of the market as a target for everyone else. Not everyone wants to fly to back of beyond airports on hand-luggage only weekenders. Your problem here is that you cannot produce the statistics to compare the interline market with a LoCo operation - because there is no such comparator, and your figures are therefore meaningless and worthless.
What use is BA to Franfurt Main over Frankfurt Hahn, if the flight is more expensive, is more likely to be delayed and loses significantly more baggage.
The 'use' is that Frankfurt Main connects with long-haul International services, while FR connects with nothing except a bus.
What are your reasons for thinking FR not a safe airline? They operate under the same EU licenses as BA, AF, LH etc., and operate newer aircraft. They have had no crashes- I would love some data to back up your assertions.
Ohhh....about a million reasons, perhaps you should do more research on this site. Instead of listening to know nothing journalists - listen to the people who work for FR.
Mate, you seem to have lost it...."pilots who have seen through the bull and propaganda"- really? This isn't the X-Files. This is simply a case of a company coming into a market which was full of state-run incumbent business models and offering a new product, which has benefitted a large segment of the travelling population. You simply can't argue that FR isn't providing what the customer demands- DONTTELLTHEPAX does have a point when he points out FR's huge network growth, whilst traditional network carriers have been more timid in their expansion plans.....
Again - with feeling - FR provide a product (I hesitate to call it a service) to a certain market sector. Good luck to them. Why do you believe they represent the best and (putatively) only product for the market?
Patent nonsense.
And yes, you are an airline snob.
No, I'm an airline pilot, and you are a naiive or a knave.