PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EL AL accident at CDG?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2007, 17:46
FIMbar the Furious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In 20 years as an Engineer I have had crew taxi on me twice and both apologised as soon as I talked to them on the headset, very embaressed and I doubt they would do it again so no need to take it further. I have also had to investigate 2 instances after getting to a more senior position, and found the airlines concearned take it very seriously.

My experience of CDG is that ElAl have their own maint who are the on headset for the pushback so cant see a language issue here.

As a side note though the GHA staff at CDG do not use standard hand signals on pushbacks and never seam to position a wing man. I was always very wary with certain GHA companies there.

One downside in the drive towards towbarless tractors is that GHAs will now only send the truck and driver, so when disconecting the truck I am distracted ensuring my headset cord does not get caught up in the truck and also have had to guide a driver away from the Aircraft when the ruck was close to the nose wheels. Basic stuff I know but mistakes at this time are just as dangerous as any other.

Let ElAl do the investigation before anyone gets blamed, crew may have messed up, A/C may have had a park brake fault, ground crew may have not followed procs we dont know