PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM Conditions
Thread: MAM Conditions
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2007, 14:10
Doofus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Think twice...

I'm a MAM casual who once flew for another airline.I will not reveal much about myself however I have another name for this airline that I cannot publish.The people that work here are great but the company is screwing them

When I started my contract I was promised all the hours I wanted and all the money I wanted to earn was endless...What a load of rubbish!.These guys should be politicians because they seem to back the liberal party and vica-versa.

When I began at QF,I was working on average around 140hrs a month which is far from the hours I am begging for now.MAM has introduced the very unfair contract C that most of you are aware of and is now applying bully tactics to make all casual crew sign it.

Not only is this contract un-Australian,it is very unfair and a huge health risk to those who sign it.Many of the contract C crew are getting 1 day at home out of 13.Great if you have no family,friends and don't care about feeling unwell.

They'll work you hard until you eventually have to take unpaid sick-leave and then they will demand you provide a medical certificate.Although an entire crew has just called in sick for the past 7days after a trip,they still will not compensate you for financial loss.

I'm now struggling to reach 80hrs a month and suffering quite heavily financially due to this jerk off the records telling us on the other contracts that we will be begging him for work and wanting to sign the new contract!.I'm now lucky if I bring home around $900 a fortnight.

Today i have applied for several other jobs as I refuse to sign contract C.At least 20 crew a month on contract C are resigning yet they can't accept the fact that it is this new contract behing the resignations.So far he is getting away with it but let me tell you that it is the calm before the storm.

We have serviced him and QF well and this is how he rewards us...I ask you,do you really want to work for someone who abuses the workers rights?

Last edited by Doofus; 16th Apr 2007 at 14:53.