PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IFR Position Reports
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2007, 12:04
podbreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suggest you go and buy a fishing rod, sounds like you have too much time on your hands, who cares if peoples radio calls are not exactly whats in the jepps, I'll bet you have said g'day to a controller before, that's not there
i think there more important things to waste you efforts on!!!!
I suggest you change your attitude towards radiotelephony. This is EXACTLY why it is where it is in Australia. In cluttered airspace it is frustrating for both the controller and other aircraft. In foreign airspace it has the potential for disaster, that is well worth wasting anyones efforts on. Radiotelephony isn't open to interpretation. It may be okay for Joe GA to say things the lazy way (poetry!), but try that crap with a foreign controller and see how far you'll get. G'day isn't the issue, its the inclusion of irrelevant readbacks, the order and some peoples love of their own voice. On an approach frequency the clutters can keep aircraft high, sometimes mess up order.

It most definitely isn't a wasted topic, its one too many people don't take seriously, hence it being stressed in cyclics/checks.