PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Interview Process
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2007, 06:39
mattyj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes we have heard this stuff before..is anyone surprised? Where theres smoke theres probably fire.
I know most of the crews that come through Auckland airport and there are some great senior captains. Some of them are real old experienced dudes with a nice attitude and loads of experience flying in all sorts of crappy conditions and two of the best blokes are starting their 747 ground courses at the end of the month..well done guys you waited long enough!!
But there are some pricks too and it goes right to the top. I hear a lot of "that other airline is a bunch of muppets" and "you should see the retards on the last groundcourse" sort of comments. I heard that their checkrides are just single pilot multi IFR without autopilot flights and the checking captains are just passengers unless you specifically ask them for help.
It all sounds too hard for me..you guys that have made it really deserve to strut because of your superior durability!!
oh and I fuelled ZK-EAG before it went down to HN for that training and yes it was a real poxy day..could hardly stand up straight in the wind with heavy showers in isolated CBs