PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2007, 05:17
BANANASBANANAS

Received 121 Likes on 61 Posts
Have to agree with LC. There are worse places to work.

We thought the bonding was far too high for far too long a period but we would have accepted it without complaint if the package had been as advertised. So far (20 months and counting) it hasn't.

It's not the fault of the guys we report directly to but there has been very little by way of explanation or apology from the company and nothing at all in the way of financial compensation. Consequently, the perception of the company attitude by many is "We don't care." I don't necessarily subscribe to that viewpoint but I can understand why some do.

The best interest return on your $56k bank guarantee is about 4% pa and there is a fairly stiff charge for administering the guarantee. Factor in inflation and tax (if applicable) and I will be surprised if you come out ahead after 5 years. The money could have been invested offshore at >6.5% tax free and available on demand.

Some very decent guys continue to do their level best to rectify rostering matters but their efforts are for nothing if the guys and girls that market our product can't generate new business and hang on to existing business for us.

I also understand that there are some engineering issues which need addressing so as to improve aircraft availability - and thats not a pop at the engineers. They have their own issues to deal with.

We have integrated ourselves quite nicely into Singapore and do not really wish to leave so we are inclined to be patient. But we do fully understand the frustrations of those who are beginning to spit the dummy.

It's not often I agree with CJ but I do think that July/August could be interesting - hopefully for the right reasons!

edited to remove financial advertising!

Last edited by BANANASBANANAS; 16th Apr 2007 at 05:47.