PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Interview Process
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2007, 03:46
Split Flap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not going defend/attack but 3 points to consider....
1) There are two sides to any story.
Three actually, yours theirs and the truth.
2) The bitching over the interview proccess ALWAYS comes from those who were previously unsuccessfull OR never got an interview having tried, Or join the few who never went through the interview so can only go by what others have told them / seen written on here but not those within.
Politely turned them down when they rang me, in hindsight the best thing that could have ever happened to me.
3) There are 31 posts so far, 10 interviewies max. How many of us were actaully there?
I wouldn't expect one of the interveiwed to raise their head above the trench in this little flying world we live in for fear of mucking up their chances of employment, they have had a bad week already by the sounds of it. But how about one of these Eagle hotshot bullies coming out to give their side of the story? Or are we a little ashamed of what we have said? Waiting....
I understand that one of the candidates was a rather experienced Airforce chap, flying sum gear a little flasher than a turbine queenair, I have flown with a lot of airforce guys/girls and while there is always your share of weirdo's, lack of proficency is not usually a trait you find in people that have come through the mob, they weed that out fairly quickly...
Someone mentioned before that putting people in the 1900 is like Air NZ (or anyone else for that matter) putting you in the sim. However they will give you a comprehensive briefing beforehand, and put someone else in the sim next to you that you are able to utilise, nevermind the fact that they are able to controll the environment (wx conditions etc), not much of a comparison in this case me thinks. Oh yeah and wont tear strips off you afterwards if you were not up to scratch on the 744 after 30 minutes in the seat....