PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Interview Process
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2007, 09:54
Charlie Horse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eagle Interview Process

Hi Folks

I know this subject has been thrashed, but what do you make of this?

Prospective pilots now have to fly the B1900 as part of the selection process at Eagle Airways. Just been talking to a couple of guys from the latest round, they were given a few photo copies of the instrument panel, and then told to have a quick look at the cockpit mockup (by themselves) then were thrown into the B1900 (3 at a time I think) and given turns at flying a departure, hold, approach and landing at Hamilton all in 30 - 40 kt upper winds with a 26 kt crosswind for landing. As most of the applicants had come from light twin jobs, naturally all 6 of the applicants did not do very well, having never used EFIS F/D etc and given virtually no briefing. After the flight they were gathered into a briefing room and told by the two Eagle pilots conducting the flights that " You are the worst we've seen and none of you deserve to hold an instrument rating".

I hope Eagle has a think about what the've done and look kindly on the good bunch of guys they just interviewed, they probably did very well given the circumstances!